Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eyeconic Pink Lemonade (photos)

Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 18:27

Since this one is so new I thought I'd share a couple of pics of my first bloom on it. Just to get y'all interested!

Eyeconic Pink Lemonade

Eyeconic Pink Lemonade

This is a hulthemia intro this year by Jim Sproul. Jim's been working with breeding hulthemias for some time now but I think this "Eyeconic" series is the first group he's introduced on a large scale. Hulthemia roses originated in Persia and are known for having a red blotch at the base of the petals. I think it's really lovely!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eyeconic Pink Lemonade (photos)

Nice. How many petals, 5? What is diameter of bloom?
Let us know how healthy and winter hardy it is.
Edmunds has eyeconics on sale for $10.

o

I have this rose, also....and I just love it so far. Thank you for your photos. I will wait to rate this rose but so far I really like mine. Lesley

o

Beautiful, Sharon! Thanks. Kim

o

Wow! I'm stricken. Must have this, it will look wonderful close to Summer Wine. Thanks for enabling us, Seil.

o

There were two of the Eyeconics at the local nursery, they are interesting, but not sure they are my "thing" Might have to look at more of your photos.

o

Oh, that's a much nicer color than I expected! Thanks for the photos seil!!!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Tue, May 8, 12 at 17:28

Thanks everyone!

It has 8 petals, Dave, so it is a single. The bloom is about 3 inches across. I've just read that the range of hulthemias goes all the way up to Siberia so I'm hopeful that it will be hardy.

The color is very interesting, complex and diverse. The inside of the petal is paler than the outside and there is some yellow in it. The blotch is a very saturated. The bloom does fade some with age to a paler color but the blotch actually deepens.

o

Pretty pretty! Great name, too.
Renee

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 9, 12 at 21:28

Thank you, Renee!

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Thu, May 10, 12 at 6:47

Very nice Seil! I planted both Eyeconic Lemonade and Eyecomin Pink Lemonade about a month ago when Edmunds had them on sale. No blooms yet, but lots of growth on both :)

Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here