Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Pink Peace is blooming

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

As promised here is my Pink Peace bush in bloom.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Wed, May 7, 14 at 21:30

Comments (9)

• redribbons
    9 years ago

She is beautiful. How long have you had her?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you redribbons. I planted her in April of 2013.

• vasue VA
    9 years ago

Hats off to you - what a lovely Pink Peace you've grown! Envious that you have bloom in OK while I've only small buds yet here. (Sigh.) Thanks for your preview of glories to come.

• dove_song
    9 years ago

Ooooh, big time anticipation here waiting for my newly aquired PINK PEACE to start blooming. In the meantime thanks for sharing yours. Beautiful!!! :-)

This post was edited by dove_song on Thu, May 8, 14 at 16:26

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Vasue and dove_song thank you. I did think my roses would bloom later this year than normal, but they are right on schedule. Pink Peace is a gorgeous rose, it has more blooms than I thought it would. Dove_song, I hope you enjoy yours.

• vettin
    9 years ago

Where did you buy it from please? Does it have the same fragrance as peace?

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I ordered it from Witherspoon Rose Culture, they have a good selection of grafted hybrid teas and floribundas, they always send me very healthy roses. To my senses Peace has a very faint scent, Pink Peace has a sweeter, stronger scent, very pleasant..

• vettin
    9 years ago

Thank you! Do you know if these are own root or grafted, and if grafted onto what rootstock. Looked at their website and they have a large selection

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Vettin - They are grafted, I'm sure they are on Dr. Huey. I didn't order anything from Witherspoon this year, but I wish I had. Another very good US company is Regan, they have a very good selection, also on Dr. Huey. They ship very healthy plants. Those are the two companies I can think of that carry a good selection of non-patented roses. I'm usually pleased with Edmunds, but their quality wasn't quite as good this year. I received my Roses Unlimited order today, of course theirs are own root. I ordered La France, Royal Highness and Lemon Spice Hybrid Teas, they look healthy. They all had blooms on them. The La France and Lemon Spice smell wonderful, the blooms looked full size.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!