Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brothers Grimm Rose

Posted by poorbutroserich Nashville 7a (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 14 at 19:11

This is a pretty rose. Thought I'd share.
Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brothers Grimm Rose

It certainly is, Susan. It seems to have pinkish and peachy tones.

Ingrid

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 14 at 0:28

I saw it at the Huntington; it was a beauty. Great photo!

o

Yum, like a raspberry mango confection.

o

This is a rose that is on my watch list, and I haven't ordered it because of varying reports on its disease resistance. Is it blackspot resistant in your garden? How is the repeat? Thanks

o

Farmerduck, this is the first flush from the bare root I planted this spring. But boy! has it erupted. Covered in blooms. All the Fairytale roses are vigorous and bloom machines for me.....only issue---no scent (to my nose).
I have Caramel Fairy Tale and Kosmos and they are very very healthy 2 year old plants.
I also have Lion's Fairy Tale and I am waiting on it to bloom for the first time.
My Caramel Fairy Tale is so loaded with bloom clusters that the canes are weighted to the ground.
I will take some photos this weekend of Caramel and Kosmos. Kosmos is more of a procumbent rose.
Susan

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 14 at 19:20

It's so lovely! I'll be very interested to hear if it's healthy for you. Keep us posted on how they do.

o

Thanks, Susan. Might have to put in another order to Palatine in the fall. Was hoping you would find fault with Brothers Grimm so that I can save my moolah.... well, that was that. :) Enjoy your roses!

o

I've had Brothers Grimm for 4 or 5 years now. More or less immune to BS here and it has an ADR award for disease resistance. One of my favorites.

It opens more pure orange with yellow under petals and then fades to salmon and pink.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here