Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this Dick Clark???

Posted by alina_1 6/7, MD (My Page) on
Thu, May 10, 12 at 19:59

Hello everyone,
I bought Dick Clark rose from a reputable online seller. The rose arrived in good condition and already had 3 buds. Today one of the buds opened. It does not look like online pictures and desription of Dick Clark at all.

Could you please take a look and tell me what you think (sorry for the second picture - I will make another one tomorrow if this does not help):

Photobucket

Photobucket

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this Dick Clark???

Unless that is a VERY faded bloom, then it does not look at all like Dick Clark. I can't tell from your picture if that is just a faded bloom about to fall off the plant. If that is the "fresh" color, then no, definitely not Dick Clark.

o

Thanks for your response!
It is not faded. It just opened yesterday and we had a cloudy day.
I know that the second picture is out of focus, but the bud is cream with pink edge - not black/red like it is described on the Regan Nursery's web site.

o

It isn't what I saw at the nursery last weekend. I fell in love with the Dick Clark buds, which were more red/yellow than pink.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, May 10, 12 at 23:07

Dick Clark is yellow and red. Even faded it is never that pink.

This is a matured bloom of DC.
Dick Clark

And this is a bud.
Dick Clark

Yours doesn't look like DC at all. I would contact the seller about it.

o

Thank you guys!
Will send an email tomorrow.
Is it possible to ID it or I need to make better pictures?

Seil, lovely pictures!

o

My Dick Clark, own-root, is more hot pink/white than red/yellow. It doesn't have a light pink stage and the blooms have far less yellow. In our warm winter, the hot pink was more red but the yellow was still more white. The daytime temps have been upper 80's thru low 100's this past month so coloring may be more temperature or sunlight driven in our area.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here