Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (12)

• christy2828
    11 years ago

Hover over your picture on Photobucket, then copy and paste the HTML code in your message. I just have to click the HTML code and it automatically copies, then I paste. Good luck!!

• christy2828
    11 years ago

{{gwi:271478}}
    {{gwi:271479}}

• dolzadell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Christy, thank you so much for posting the pictures for me. I know I am doing something wrong but just can't figure it out yet.

This is a picture of the area where we are going to plant the knock out roses and the other is a portion of the roses to plant.

I will show more pics as we progress, thanks again!

• Maude80
    11 years ago

Wow, that looks like sooooo much work, but I bet it's going to look beautiful. What is the name of the machine that you are pushing?

Maude

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

It's going to look gorgeous!

• dolzadell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you seil, I sure hope so! I am still trying to figure out how to post the pics. I have tried everything everyone has suggested but it just ain't working...........

I am going to try another couple of things on my computer to see if I can figure this out.

Julie

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

you used the square-bracket tag code, which works on most forums, but not on this one. Your need to use the pointy bracket code (less than and greater than symbols) instead.

not the stuff inside these []

use the stuff inside these

and you need the too.

Here is a link that might be useful: image tag explanation

• harmonyp
    11 years ago

Hopefully for you guys where posting pictures is not something you understand, this explanation may help a little.

HTML is something called a "tag language", recognized by browsers - Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.

Commands in this "tag language start and end with brackets:

Where SBR (start bracket) equals the single character symbol: And EBR (end bracket) equals the single character symbol: >

I'm going to use SBR and EBR because if I put in the real brackets the browser will get confused.

The most important part of the command to allow you to post photos in a forum like this is:

SBRimg src="http://some url address"EBR

If the URL is the real URL of your photo, putting the SBRimg src = in front of it, then the EBR at the end tells the browser that what is between the tag is a photo, and it resides at that "http" url address. Simple as that.

Most online photo holders have a button you can press to get the "html" code for your photo. I use flickr, and the button is "share". For the most part you should just be able to cut and paste the entire thing right into your text here, and it'll display the photo.

Most often there are additional tags like:SBRa href = "xxx"EBR, which means - allow clicking on the link. Or height = "XXX", width = "YYY" which sizes your photo in "pixels" on the screen.

But mostly, finding the place to get the "html" code for your photo and just putting it in here with your text, exactly as it is shown to you, should work.

Good luck!

• dolzadell
    Original Author
    11 years ago

{{gwi:274229}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

There you go, dolzadell. Once you stop trying to outsmart the computer and just copy the HTML CODE directly under the pics--no changes, no additions, just copy it as is--and drop it (paste it) in this message box --making no changes, no additions--it is all rather simple, isn't it. I sometimes think that is the problem--it is so simple that newbies always try to find ways to make it more complicated so it will work--except it won't until they go back to the too-easy method. You aren't the first to have problems, let me assure you. : )

Kate

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

Nice yard, plenty of room for roses! :)

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Glad you figured out the photo posting....

I have had a hard time figuring it out, and no offense intended Harmony, I just needed to see what I was looking for....

I am embarrassed to say, at one point programming was my major, but a tour of our "futures" working for nasa and the shuttle program, made me change majors. Back then it was going to be days in a windowless room watching monitors at Vandenberg.