Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone besides Angel Gardens sell Easy Does It on the E. Coast?

Posted by esther_b NYC (My Page) on
Tue, May 8, 12 at 20:40

Sunday, I had a nice telephone conversation with Ms. Greenewald, proprietor of Angel Gardens, and she was to call me back concerning the availability of Easy Does It. She never did, nor did she answer an answering machine message I left for her. I'm in NYC so I don't want to unnecessarily have higher shipping costs from a West Coast grower if I don't have to. Is there another more reliable rose grower from whom I can purchase Easy Does It?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone besides Angel Gardens sell Easy Does It on the E. Coa

hard to beat $10 rose with $8 shipping:
Edmunds- http://www.edmundsroses.com/dp.asp?pID=24388

Here is a link that might be useful: Edmunds Easy Does It

o

Just did a bit of research on Edmunds. Although "the price is right", there are a lot of complaints about them shipping substandard roses. Also, theirs are grafted, I would prefer an own-root rose.

Thanks for responding, though.

o

It's not on the east coast, but I got mine from Chamblee's and it was own root.

Deanna

o

Give Pam a break ... she's a small operation and wears many hats. Send her a polite email reminding her to check for your rose.

o

Angel Gardens is a good place to shop. Pam can get overwhelmed with a lot of orders. She'll get back to you as soon as she can. Everything I received from her is growing and blooming up a storm. If you want to try another nursery, try Roses Unlimited in South Carolina.

o

Ah, I WAS able to get back in touch with Ms. Greenewald at Angel Gardens today. She was very nice and made a solomn promise to get me a fantastic specimen of Easy Does It, as she ran out of them. I look forward to seeing the plant!

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Thu, May 10, 12 at 6:44

You'll be very happy with Pam's roses, I promise! I've never had a complaint about anything she's ever sent, and she's very easy to work with. She's rooting a couple for me right now, and I can't wait to see them :)

Tammy

o

Yes, she does seem very sincere and I would like to give her the business. Thus far, the reddish mini is all black spot (it's the most susceptible of the grocery store minis I have), the coral-pink mini is slightly black spotted, and the yellow mini (my personal favorite) hasn't come down with black spot yet. I may decide to rescind the death sentence for the yellow mini if it continues to behave itself and try to put it in a footed container off the ground, maybe it won't get black spot then.

Am really looking forward to getting my Easy Does It, as I have planted all my available space to the gills! Just added some mini snapdragons just today to fill in a few gaps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here