Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow leaves on miniature rose

Posted by CammieR62 none (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 20:43

I have a miniature rose that was healthy until approx. one month ago when I noticed that its leaves had begun turning yellow. At the same time, a very long shoot, with one small rose shot up from the middle. So what had been a small bushy rose plant, became a tall, spindly rose plant. I thought perhaps it was in too small of a pot so I re-potted it. It is now in a large pot, with rose soil. It also gets rose food once a month. I live in a very hot climate (Southwest). I'm not sure if this rose is getting too much water, not enough water, or if it is stressed from the heat. I do not keep it in the direct sun because it would wilt. Temperatures here remain in the 100s from mid May until sometime in October. I've noticed that the stem of its one rose is starting to turn brown. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow leaves on miniature rose

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 2, 12 at 9:29

Can you post pictures of it? Sometimes the old leaves will just yellow and drop with age to allow for new growth. It's hard to say if there is something wrong with that cane or if it is just maturing into hard wood with out seeing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here