Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The deer left one for me

Posted by deervssteve 9 (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 20:50

Mystery. Probably a Hybrid Musk. Maybe Erfurt.

This post was edited by deervssteve on Mon, May 12, 14 at 21:24

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The deer left one for me

please put up a good, tall fence. I know, I have tried it all. It is terrible, when you get up to 'rose skeletons'.

o

What a beautiful gift and mystery.

o

Very pretty! Did the deer eat all the rest of yours? :( My deer don't get the roses this time of year (they go eat the little, tender veggies folks plant now), but the bunnies get the lower ones. Then the deer remember my roses again and for the rest of the year.

Yours sound plain awful, though. I'm so sorry! I have 3 camelias I've never seen bloom because of the deer in the winter here. Rotten Bambi!

o

Fencing isn't a option. The only sun I have is in the front yard. I have flat areas and a slope. I use cages on the flat area and a few cages on the slope. The rest are left to whatever the deer feel like doing. They do leave some roses alone.

Pompon blanc parfait.

o

Pompon

o

They left a few buds and a bloom on Erfurt? but I don't expect them to stay for long. I bet the plant would put on a show if left alone.

o

Gorgeous! I've always loved Pompon Blanc.

My deer at least usually wait until they open (unlike the bunnies), so I figure it's like very quick deadheading ;)

o

The only thing that's ever worked reliably for me is the Scarecrow Motion Sensor water sprayer from Do Your Own Pest Control. It's $50, but worth it to save the hundreds in damage they'll do. You can watch videos of it in action on YouTube.
The best part- it's safe and harmless to the critters. I've had mine for 2 years. I hope you'll get more blooms soon!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here