Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Impressed with Julia Child so far

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Fri, May 2, 14 at 20:58

I planted two Julia Child roses this spring, mainly because of the rave reviews I've read on this forum. I'm thinking if a rose does that well for so many people, I at least have to give it a try. I must say, so far I am liking what I see. She has taken off faster than any of my other bareroot newly planted roses, the foliage looks very healthy and I do believe she is setting on a few buds already. I am waiting with anticipation to see those lovely yellow blooms in a few weeks. Think I'm going to love this one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Impressed with Julia Child so far

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, May 3, 14 at 11:36

I'm so glad you like it! I'm really pleased with mine too. Wait until you see it bloom!

o

Thank you Seil, can't wait for it to bloom!

o

I got one a couple years ago and liked it so much I got a second. Blooms heavily, such a pretty yellow, healthy bushy bush. Hope yours is the same.

o

MIne is an all star. Clean foliage and constant blooms.
It's only been in the ground for less than 3 months.

o

Thank you, Steve. Your JC is looking great!

o

I sure hope that my Julia child roses start to look like that in three months. I planted mine a month ago and they are leafing out real well but are still small with no blooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here