Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think this is Julia Child!

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Wed, May 14, 14 at 21:13

I had one of those moments today! This rose I've had since 2011 just started blooming, it's one of those NOID roses. It bloomed good last year, but to me it was just a yellow floribunda that was a good bloomer, but the blooms didn't impress me that much. These blooms look totally different and I think it might be Julia Child. I ordered it from Pickering in 2011 and had tried to find the old emails, but they are long gone. I can't believe I forgot I ordered a Julia Child! Is that what it looks like it could be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think this is Julia Child!

It's a very good possibility.

o

It certainly appears to be Julia to me. I hope it's as great a rose plant there as it is here. My only two complaints are the short life of the individual flowers and how thorny that puppy is! It bites me every time. Otherwise, a marvelous garden and landscape mound of color. Kim

o

Yup, sure looks like Julia Child to me as well! Mine has a nice fragrance, with slight licorice notes. Blooms don't last that long and have very short stems, but are very pretty. Good luck - hope she blooms well for you! :)

o

Thank you. Now I have 3 Julia Childs! The newly planted ones haven't bloomed yet, but have quite a few buds, when they bloom I'll know for sure, but I'm fairly certain this one is, especially after your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here