Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Images of mossy rose gall

Posted by mnkitty none (My Page) on
Sun, May 6, 12 at 21:29

This is a follow up from an earlier post. I'm just a little slow getting the pictures posted.

Mossy rose galls on rugosa roses in MN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Images of mossy rose gall

Wow, and I thought my recent episode was galling.

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Musings blog on Rose Gall

o

Hi Professorroush,

I wish my galls were as cute as yours.LOL
Kitty

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, May 7, 12 at 12:28

Those pictures make me shudder! Ewww, ick!!

o

I haven't experienced that here YET. Does that mean the plant is a goner?

o

What makes it do that?

o
ick

Never mind I read Professorroush's blog on it... I wonder if they do too LOL

o

They made me shudder too, Seil, so much, I had to allow DH to do the pruning. When he found out what they were, he wanted to get out the gasoline and light a match.

floridarose, I decided we'd prune it down and see what happens next year. I'm afraid they may have already hatched by the time we got them pruned. SO SICK! I guess if the plant is a goner so be it, but I have quite a few in the back and front yard. I guess I'll find out next year.

Jessicabe, If they are that smart, I'm VERY afraid. I probably shouldn't have read that because I've already had bad dreams about those things.

Kitty

o

I know, its gross to know what it is and now I feel like there is things crawling all over me but this happens whenever I come close to any icky bug..

o

Yep, as soon as I spy the 1st tick of the season, I'm constantly feeling one crawl on me even in the middle of the night. The creepy thing is, I have found them on me in the middle of the night. Hopefully, being hyper-sensitive and sleepless will save me from limes disease.
Kitty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here