Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The winner is

Posted by zyperiris Seattle (My Page) on
Tue, May 20, 14 at 23:01

White gold. Here in the PNW..my first rose that opened is White gold!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The winner is

Congrats goes out to you and White Gold..... :)

o

• Posted by vasue 7A Charlottesville (My Page) on
    Wed, May 21, 14 at 10:03

Not familiar with your rose, just looked it up & thank you! Right up my alley - healthy, fragrant, floriferous, hips - in the antique white blend I'm seeking. And first to bloom - White Gold sounds like an all-around winner!

Which prompts me to ask - what's the fragrance like and where did you find yours?

Here Golden Celebration opened his highest bud Monday in a close race with Easy Does It, who lagged by a day. These events rate a calendar entry. (First hummingbird spotted last Thursday kissing dianthus Rose de Mai.)

Deeply appreciate the reappearance of these wonders after long absence. On high alert in anticipation of old & new friends to come, find myself caught up in the dance as rose season begins. Feels like safe harbor after rough weather. May the rejoicing continue in all its glory!

o

Blooming here is...Pat Austin, Cordelia, Leonardo Da Vinci, Memorial Day, and super happy dooper, is Butterscotch CL. (I saved it from the excavation!).. I came home and they had thrown in bareroot on a hot day out on the lawn. I almost cried..But 2 yr later, it is climing and blooming! Yippee. Reine D Violette, is almost there too.
Thank you for the posts!

o

• Posted by vasue 7A Charlottesville (My Page) on
    Wed, May 21, 14 at 17:20

Five in a photo-finish - lucky you! Enjoyed the same in previous Springs, basking in abundance. After last Winter, thrilled, relieved & grateful that roses are coming into bloom after all. Leaving contractors home alone can be risky. Hats off to you & Butterscotch Climbing for coming through with honors!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 21, 14 at 18:12

Congratulations! It's exciting to get that first bloom. Nothing even close here except the Tiffany I just bought from the nursery, lol. It's still mine now though!

o

Oh I would love to see a photo of your Butterscotch climber..

I got White Gold from one of a few places, Roses Unlimited, Palantine, or Pickering..can't remember.

o

zyperiris seems like our weather runs about the same. I will go out in a few min, and see if I can crawl up next to house to get photo. How I love that ol' Butterscotch.

o

I am having a heck of a time getting the pics of Butterscotch online, and the old old Peace rose too. Took pics last nite and they look good. I have a great little camera. But, when I get frustrated , I had to quit trying.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here