Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aurora1701e

Anyone Grow Disneyland?

aurora1701e
15 years ago

Was wondering what your experience has been? How tall/wide does it get? Tag says 3' high, but I've read 5-6'. I purchased 3 potted bushes and don't want to plant too close. Thanks!

Comments (12)

• aurora1701e
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OMG!! That is the most colorful rose bush I have EVER seen! Those pics belong in a rose magazine. I can only hope mine is as prolific and healthy as yours. Thanks for responding so quickly.

Jeff

• mellmel
    15 years ago

My 2 Disneylands in zone 5 grow to about 2.5 feet. But they mostly die to the ground over the winter. I wish they looked like the picture above, sigh...

• phylrae
    15 years ago

I LOVE Disneyland, too, but ours grows about the same as yours, Mellmel. Colors are absolutely incredible, just like hoovb's picture!
    :0) Phyl

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    15 years ago

I've heard Disneyland gets blackspot... is this true?

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

you can spray neem on it every so often but yes it is NOT immune to blackspotsearch Disney roses for my post too,

• chefcdp
    15 years ago

Disneyland is the most colorful rose I grow. It is also the most prone to Blackspot. In fact it is the only rose that has any noticeable spots this year.

It is also very tender. Mine was buried over winter and still almost died. It has not recovered enough from winter die back to be worthwhile trying to keep it over another winter. However, because of its potential for riotous color, I may grow it again as an annual potted plant.

Regards,

Charles

• aurora1701e
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thought I'd post an update. I wound up purchasing 4 potted Disneyland of which 3 went in the ground. Of my 60+ roses and despite regular spraying the planted bushes are suffering from BS more than any other. The potted one is doing much better, but I had to cut it back hard when the BS started. The new growth is looking great with lots of buds. The planted ones are nothing more than naked sticks.

Jeff

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

She is a bs magnet, but continues to bloom in spite of it. The picture always kills me. I wish mine looked like that.
    Nancy

• debbysunshine
    15 years ago

Your pics are beautiful !! Breaks my heart because hubby gave me one last year and it barely hung on in a large pot and I cut all the sickly branches off so now I have a stub which I think has a little green somewhere. I used Bayer 3-1 on it not knowing that it wasn't for potted plants but I changed all the dirt. All 100 of my roses look wonderful even the potted variety so I'm just hoping. Working on a whole new rose garden area and maybe I'll give it a try. Just thought I'ld ask if anyone ever experienced this same problem.. debbysunshine@hotmail.com

• kathy9norcal
    15 years ago

Another Californian loving Disneyland. Mine stays about 3x3. It blooms so much. I think it looks and last best in mild temps below 90 degrees. Here it is in May,
    {{gwi:279085}}
    Luckily, I don't live in blackspot country.
    Kathy

• mike5953
    15 years ago

My Disneyland is about 3-4 years old and has stayed under 3 ft.
    It will through up a longer cane here and there every once and a while and look like it wants to get leggy. But nothing unmanageable or too unsightly.
    I donÂt have a problem with blackspot as long as I stick to my spray routine. If I get slack, it will be covered in it in a heartbeat.
    Honestly, the blooms more than make up for any short comings. ItÂs simply stunning.