Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lainey2_gw

forever and ever shrub rose

lainey2 VA
10 years ago

Has anyone tried the Forever and Ever shrub rose from Lowes?

Comments (5)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I have a wonderful Forever and Ever hydrangea from Lowes, but no such rose. Sorry.

Kate

• newroses
    10 years ago

Forever & Ever is a brand name for Berry Family Nursery and they have several different types of plants under this brand name. The nursery grows own root roses mostly Kolorscape. So which rose was it?

• lainey2 VA
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It was red, Kardinal, I think. Has anyone tried them?

• newroses
    10 years ago

Beautiful medium sized shrub rose from Kordes. Exceptional disease resistance - constant bloom -no fragrance- hardy in zone 4 trials.

• missmary - 6b/Central Maryland
    8 years ago

I bought this rose on impulse at the end of last year's growing season - not even sure where, (but searching here leads me to think I got it at Lowe's). I'm (currently) going for a theme of red roses randomly placed around in pockets of my front-of-house landscaping, and I had a spot where I thought it might work. I don't want any reds that aren't completely RED-red. Crimson red, blood red, etc. No lipsticky, fading, changing red.

The year is still young - and so is this rose - but I am so happy with it! I'm thinking of trying to find it again for a couple of spots in my back yard. Easy to care for, growing into a nice bush with green leafy fullness, buds popping out all over - and it so holds on to it's crimson red color! We are in a high blackspot area - which it's not really peak season here (central Maryland) - and no sign of that yet.

My rose is the Forever and Ever MILANO, not the Kardinal. Oops.
    Now you know about Milano!

And oh - btw, mine is in a partial shade area.