Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ascot Wins the Triple Crown for Me

Posted by nanadoll 7B SW Idaho (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 3:27

I'm so excited by my two Ascot roses which I got bareroot from Palatine last year. They've been in the ground since March of 2011, and they are just unbelievable. At about four plus feet already, Ascot is covered with breathtaking deep burgundy blooms. Its first crown is the bush itself, featuring a nice growth habit, thickly filled in with shiny healthy leaves. The second crown is for the petal packed blooms of deep burgundy. Most have a delicate outer ruffly edge of purple and feature the form of an English rose. I couldn't believe how closely an Ascot bloom matched my new Twilight Zones's first bloom. TZ may be a little darker, but they both have the purple edge. Ascot blooms are bigger than TZs. For the third crown, Ascot blooms don't shrivel in the heat, ball (so far), and last a long time on the bush and in the vase. The blooms have a nice scent, too. Tantau has a real winner with this rose. Diane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ascot Wins the Triple Crown for Me

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 14:34

Sounds beautiful! Any pics?

o
RE: Ascot Wins the Triple Crown for Me

Yes, seil, I finally got some rose pics taken---by my fourteen year old granddaughter--ha. And now she has to give me a tutorial on getting the darn things in the gallery. It may take a few days to get my computer deficient brain around it all. For many years I was the family photo taker, plus I used my trusty 35 mm in my work. But a long while back, I put down my camera and said "no more", turning photo duties over to my daughter. Of course, the whole family has digital cameras while I still dwell in the 1980s. Anyway, Ascot is a beauty and deserves some publicity. All the rose photos were taken yesterday--my best show of roses since I've lived here (eight years). Tonight an awful windstorm is going to hit, and there will be damage--I'm sick about it, but glad I got the pics. Diane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here