Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last Explorer Rose Developed

Posted by Susanne27 Zone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 7:56

This is the rose a c de Montarville and is the last rose developed in the explorer series in Canada before the program was shut down. Just planted this year so don't know if it is as hardy as the other explorers. It is supposed to be very compact - 3' x 3'. I love the unique colour.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last Explorer Rose Developed

It's unfortunate Agriculture Canada gave up the program. What is the name of your rose? I just planted Quadra, Champlain, and Henry Kelsey this spring and they are blooming.

Arnold

o

The name of the rose is a c de Montarville. Yes, what a shame that they didn't place importance on the development of hardy Canadian roses. I have a few of the explorers and I like them, especially for their hardiness in our climate.

o

I have both Henry Kelsey and Alexander Mackenzie. Both are fantastic. Alexander Mackenzie is a beautiful, elegant shrub and I love it even when not in bloom. Henry Kelsey is a monster when it comes to blooms. I'd recommend both in a heartbeat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here