Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Forgotten Dreams?

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 8:31

I am including a picture of a rose I've had for about 12 years that has been very dependable, it is a HT named Forgotten Dreams, it is a medium red, definitely not in the same category as reds like Mister Lincoln, Chrysler Imperial, Veterans Honor, Firefighter, etc., but it is a good rose and always my first one to bloom and the fragrance is wonderful. Seems like the name is apt, because I never see or hear it mentioned. Was just curious if anyone else has it. I'll be glad when I get the picture thing figured, my photos don't look very good on this site.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Forgotten Dreams?

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 15:44

Lovely rose and one you don't hear about. Thanks Sara

o

I have a Forgotten Dreams rose. I live in England & have had the pleasure of owning this beautiful rose for about 15 yrs. I would love to buy another, does anyone know who would stock it, as I've not had much success in finding it yet.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 12:38

Wow. I think that's the rose that died in one of my pots out along the fence. I've been trying to figure out which one it is, because the handwritten tag is so faded I can't figure it out. I'm almost positive that's the one tho. What a bummer. It's such a beautiful rose. I don't believe it's available anywhere any more.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 12:42

Hey! I just looked on HMF and they show Heirloom as carrying it. I checked the website, and it's out of stock right now. Good to know I can replace it someday. I don't know if they ship overseas Pauline, but you might email them and ask.

o

It does seem to be a rose rarely seen or mentioned, that is why I started this post, because it is really a good rose. Just like Beth said Heirloom carries it. It's frustrating not to be able to find a particular rose. Pauline, I hope you are able to find another one, if not in your area, hope Heirloom will ship it to you.

o

Amazing what a little TLC will do. I pruned Forgotten Dreams way back this spring and this is its latest flush. I'm pleased.

o

What a beauty!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here