Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our "John Cabot" climber

Posted by rouge21 4 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 9:29

Even with this past epic winter it still held its own with minimal die back. Here it is as of this past weekend.

(One plant; around 12 years old)

photo Cabot22014_1_zps5e0cb233.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our "John Cabot" climber

Man oh man!!! I had no idea it could get that big!!!! It's gorgeous!!!! I love the allium too!!!
I had John Cabot in Fort McMurray - zone 2. It never got past 4 feet. But then I only had it for 4 years.
Yours is amazing!!!! Well done!!!
Carol

o

That is stunning! Especially when you have the brick background.

o

That is just beautiful! You should post that picture on helpmefind roses so people can see the full potential of this rose, even in cold zones! What are you using to secure this rose to the wall? I don't see an obvious trellis, and with brick there are different options than with wood siding.

Cynthia

o

You guys are too kind. Thank you. We are very proud of this plant.

There are a few wood trellises but they don't do much with respect to support any more. In fact a few years ago, while it was in full bloom we experienced a heavy rainstorm and under all that weight of flower and water this climber fell off the wall! I was mortified.

So that fall I secured to the brick a few lengths of wire running horizontally.

If I didn't trim the top a few times during the growing season it would reach the roof!

o

Wow. What a beautiful garden.

o

your garden is beautiful! thanks for sharing.

o

I love your garden and your John Cabot! Too often overlooked and such a winner! Spectacular!

o

I love the way you've trained it around your window. And what a lovely and lush garden!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here