Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
particentral

Leafhoppers swarming,,,, OH MY!

particentral
9 years ago

ok. I have no sprayed ANY insecticide in three years at my shop onto my roses. NOT ONCE. THat year I had Aphids so badly they were killing roses and washing them off four times a day wasnt enough....I have ladybugs and lizards now though so they have done a great job of keeping everything to a minimum!

This year I have been invaded by what turned out to be some type of leafhopper (thanks for helping me ID it) so I ordered some Spinosid and sprayed this morning....

WELL THOUSANDS (it was probably not that many but it sure seemed like it) of little white leafhoppers swarmed off of the bushed onto ME and into the air around me....I had on safety goggles and a mask, but that didnt stop a mild panic moment when they started....

SO now, I am spraying the entire garden, and will have to spray the Jasmine out in the back of the shop as well....which I had not wanted to do since it surrounds my dog pen, but Spinosid is safe for dogs (its in Comfortis for fleas after all) so I am not too worried....

I have never been so viciously attacked by ANY bug ever...but my roses are dying because of them, so I am out to kill them.....and they th ink they can win apparently!!!!! silly little things... should have picked someone elses roses to bother!

Comments (4)