Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debandroses

more pics

debandroses
10 years ago

Photobucket didn't work for me so I suppose I have to do this one at a time. This one is Scottich Highlands.

Comments (24)

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lady of the mist

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

climbing America

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Heirloom

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Twightlight Zone

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Westerland

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Eternal Flame

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Distant Drums

I have so many more but will have to post them later.Hope you all don't mind the one ppost at a time thing.

deb

• jktx55
    10 years ago

I really like that Distant Drums, I think I will have to get one.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jack

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

They're all beautiful but I love the color of that Scottish Highlands!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Very well done photos of your beautiful roses. I especially like Cl America and Heirloom. Eternal Flame is lovely also.

We don't mind the one photo/one post method as long as you can bear it. : )

Kate

• kentucky_rose zone 6
    10 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to share your roses!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

These are lovely photos of some elegant and healthy roses. Heirloom and Twilight Zone are favorites of mine, which I grow, so it's fun to see yours. The size of your Heirloom is amazing. The delicate coloring of Lady of the Mist and Distant Drums is exquisite. Thanks for posting. Diane

• sunflowersrus222
    10 years ago

Those are all beautiful! My favorite is the Scottish Highlands and then the Westerland. Just love that color.

• lainey2 VA
    10 years ago

Gorgeous. I would love to see pictures of the entire plant.

• dove_song
    10 years ago

Thrilling roses you've got there, Deb! :-)

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    10 years ago

Thank you for posting. You helped me ID a rose. I remember in the back of my mind seeing a tag for "Lady of the Mist" when I was weeding a couple of years ago. I have her own root and it has taken 3 years for her to bloom but BOY did she bloom. And the blooms lasted forever on the bush and no blackspot.
    A gorgeous rose whose coloring was just exquisite. I will be getting more. I sure would like her grafted but don't think that's possible.
    I have Distant Drums spring planted budded bare root. First year, but really pretty.
    I really like Scottish Highland. Are you no spray? How does Scottish Highland perform?
    Thanks. And would love to see some more photos.
    susan

• Tuggy3
    10 years ago

These are some beauties. Lady of the Mist and Heirloom are really lovely. Makes me want them both. Distant Drums is one of my favorites too. Thanks for the great pictures.

• Ashlie Neevel
    10 years ago

beautiful!

• debandroses
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks all! I'm glad I can share, since no one else sees them but me.I change favorites day to day. I tried no spray but find I have to spray Bayer fungicide on Oregold and Folklore. They backspot easily and I can't tolerate 3/4 of the bush spotted up. I have a few spots on a couple of others but it resolves quickly by itself.As far as Scottish Highlands go, it always has a few blooms on it between flushes , never spots but seems to be a bit more sensitive to cold temps.It was the only one that had frost bit leaves when our temps dropped into the 30's . I think it was at the end of April, maybe the first part of May. I hesitate to post pics of the full bush because they aren't fully grown and I don't usually prune until the 3rd year. I want to see their natural shape.Almost all my roses are 1yr bands for me. So far I much perfer bands. they just seem to do better for me.

deb

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

All are very nice. Thanks for sharing. I'd like to see more whenever you can post some. That Scottish Highlands has quite a bright color. I like the oranges anyway.

• Airen21
    10 years ago

Incredible, such healthy roses!!
    how do you do it? it must be such a dream to walk along these beauties in your home, you have such a talent !!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Fantastic photos!

• ladyrose65
    10 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for posting!

• epis
    10 years ago

That distance drum is so beautiful. Please keep the pictures coming.