Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ellaroset

Seriously Impressed with Olympiad

EllaRoseT
10 years ago

I just have to give a shout-out for my Olympiad. I paid $8 for a body bag of him at home depot. I only had one other red, Mister Lincoln who smells great, but is more on the pink-red side for me and does not give me many blooms.

I figured heck... $8, it's worth the gamble. On top of that I planted him in a spot I considered suspect, and we dug a 2 foot x 2 foot hole for him we barely amended (if at all) our heavy clay soil (due to some silly advice from said roses manufacturer and my own inexperience.)

Wouldn't you know it? He has flourished! Huge compared to my 16 other roses I've had for a year (except Fragrant Apricot is pretty close)... he's had no disease, and only bothered a little once by slugs. He's already had one flush and has 6-8 more buds on him.

I will try to get a pic up but I'm going on vacation today... I am so impressed with him.

Oh... and someone STEPPED on him and broke off a big stem... so I put some root hormone on, stuck it in a pot & put a mason jar over it.. and it looks like he is growing there!

Olympiad--- my hat's off to you

Comments (3)