Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wreaking havoc this morning!

Posted by charleney 8a PNW (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 13:09

Deadheading 100 or more. I get into it and think I should just use a chainsaw. But I keep on keeping on. Turn around and saying wow "I am all done for now". And some rose in the back says "you missed me!" O crap! I give it some thought and want so badly to walk away. But, those couple little buggers will be bugging me all day! So, I know I just trudge back and do it! I hate when my roses scream at me. I got them all done, and left all the cuttings for my sweetheart to pick up. He truly doesn't mind, but I even feel guilty about that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wreaking havoc this morning!

They do like all that primping, don't they! Like taking the curlers out of the hair--the results look so much better!

So glad you don't show favoritism to some of your roses, leaving the others to fade away in neglect.

: )

Kate

o
RE: wreaking havoc this morning!

You need to give yourself permission to ignore the few you miss. They won't destroy your garden nor "lose the war for the Allies". Those are part of the "small stuff" you're not supposed to "sweat". You are the only one who is going to notice them, believe me. Permitting yourself to be bothered by the one or two you missed out of the hundreds is you giving yourself permission to be over worked and over whelmed. Try giving yourself permission to not be "perfect". Life is grand once you learn how! Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here