Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gemma79_gw

Rose bush just appeared!

Gemma79
10 years ago

Hi there! I'm new to this forum. I love plants/flowers but I do NOT consider myself an expert in any way, hence the question I have. A rose bush with small pink, slightly fragrant flowers just bloomed behind my home. It's about 3 feet tall, growing amongst various weeds and young oak trees it's using as trellis (1" diameter), basically at the edge of the woods. Less than 10 feet from the house. I've lived here 3 years and my husband has lived here for 8 years and neither one of us planted it nor has it ever bloomed. Is it possible it was always there but conditions weren't right for blooming/growing or somehow birds/bees played a part in this? I want to provide a good habitat for it to thrive in. Here's a closeup of one growing next to a log which is not part of the main plant. Thanks for your kind responses!

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Only seeing a X and no pic...

• Gemma79
    Original Author
    10 years ago

hopefully this pic uploads!

• michaelg
    10 years ago

Very pretty. It could be a seedling dropped by a bird, or it could be an old planted rose that had not been getting enough sunlight to bloom in previous years. If the flowers are quite small and the canes long and flexible, it is an old rambler. These often survive in vacant lots and can travel a good distance from the original spot.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH