Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can';t help myself, more pictures

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 13:51

My roses are almost in full bloom right now. Not as spectacular as the spring flush, but still lots of blooms. They've started water rationing, I am going to have to figure out a drip-line system, we can water between the hours of 9 p.m. - 6 a.m. Looks like it is getting ready to rain, I hope so.

SUNSPRITE is the first one

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can';t help myself, more pictures

JFK - Has a few buds, it looks like the blooms are going to look okay this time around.

o

BELINDA'S DREAM - This rose is fantastic!

o

PEACE

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 15:48

Sara-Ann, please continue to post photos of your roses. They are just gorgeous! I really enjoy them. Wish my JFK looks that good. Most of my roses are blemished from Japanese beetles.

o

I guess you are a week or so ahead of me. My roses are just beginning to form buds in preparation for the summer blooming cycle. In the meantime, thank you for letting us enjoy your earlier blooming cycle. You are doing such a fine job with your roses that it is no wonder you love to photograph them and show them off to us.

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 16:44

They're beautiful, Sara, and we love seeing them all!

o

Thank you so much everyone, I do appreciate the encouragement. I enjoy my roses tremendously and I enjoy sharing them too. And I also enjoy seeing yours. I appreciate the good advice I have received from you all during the past year. Kate, I do hope you have some more beautiful roses soon.

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 20:47

Yes very nice Sara Ann! Sunsprite sure is nice and bright! :-)

o

Sara Ann….your roses are so lovely. That picture of Peace is outstanding. I hope you continue to share your roses with us. Lesley

o

JIm - Thank you, yes Sunsprite is very bright! The yellow roses sure brighten things up. Lesley - Thank you. I have been thinking about you and wondering how your roses are doing. I love the Peace rose, it is such a pretty color. I would love to see your lovely pictures when you get the time.

o

That picture of Peace is amazing!!! I always think of Peace as - well, it sort of looks pretty. But yours is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Love the strong colors of Sunsprite and Belinda's Dream. Mmmmm!
Carol

o

Thanks for sharing your roses! I grew Sunsprite many years ago, the color was always so bright and cheerful. You gotta love the floriferous floribundas!

My mother-in-law, now deceased, used to have several older Peace bushes in front of her house. She would tell me that they were the most beautiful rose. I mentally poo-pooed her thinking, never having seen them, in favor of the newer varies pouring out from J & P and other rose breeders in the 1970s. I went to visit her one time when her roses happened to be in bloom. Her Peace roses were magnificent! The color, size, and form were just perfect. Then I knew why Peace was loved by so many. I always meant to put one in my garden, but alas, still haven't...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here