Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Archiduc Joseph

Posted by bart_2010 8/9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 14 at 14:17

I'm planning to re-do an area of my garden,in which I have a large plant of Archiduc Joseph, the tea rose. I moved it about two years ago to this spot, due to another garden make-over,but chose the wrong spot. Now, I'm wondering if it's worth my while to move it yet again, or just to shovel prune it. It's a fairly mature plant,but I have never really fallen in love with it. It was very nice for a year or two,lots of flowers (unfortuneately rather spoiled by a beetle invasion),of a nice orangey-pink,but this year the flowers were ugly, an unpleasant russety magenta,for the most part. I realize that the soil in this area is very bad (another reason to move it: so I can work on the soil with greater ease). But is it worth trying to re-establish such a large,mature plant? It's not a rare rose or anything...any opinions to help me decide?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Archiduc Joseph

I bought a band a few months ago and pretty much just put it right in the ground. it is near where the old chicken coop was years ago so guessing that soil has some extra oomph, but it is growing like a weed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here