Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Intuition

Posted by ken-n.ga.mts 7b/7a (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 14:31

I'll be getting this HT next spring. My question is location. I have two places to put it. One gets full sun all day. The other gets afternoon shade. Does it need full sun to get the deep stripping or will it be happy with afternoon shade??? I want to put it where it will be happiest.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Intuition

My interest is really piqued in this as well after seeing photos in the Gallery. Hoping I can find it on Dr. Huey for my climate.

o

I have one in the front and one in the back area of the house. This is the first year and I haven't noticed any difference yet. Love the rose!

o

Mine grows just fine under the partial shade of a red plum tree. Leaves in the summer, no leaves in the winter.

o

My Red Intuition an Pink Intuition came from Wisconsin Roses as a maiden rose. It is in full sun all day. It last a long time on the bush. No scent, but a great rose.

Kasie

o

My new Red Intuition, just planted a little over a month ago, is in full sun most of the day and is putting out one bud after another--so eager to bloom! Haven't seen any signs of edges being burnt, so I guess it likes the sun--though late July/early Aug. will be the big test here. That's when our temps have a tendency to hover around 100 degrees.

How it would do in partial shade, I have no idea--but I do find that all of my HTs do best with at least 6 hours of sun--or more! Now my Austins--that's another story.

Kate

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 3, 12 at 19:01

Mine does okay in quite a bit of shade, but I think it would do better with more sun. I don't have a sunnier spot for it at present. It is a very narrow grower--the canes go pretty much vertical.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 4, 12 at 16:55

Mine is potted and gets sun from morning to early afternoon then complete shade the rest of the day. I think I get pretty good stripping. It does have a more upright growth habit and they do last forever on the bush. In very hot, very dry weather I have had the edges crisp a little bit.

Red Intuition

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here