Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mirendajean

2014 Impulse/Clearance Rose Purchases

I'm sharing my impulse purchases, please share yours!

My garden is full. I'd promised not to buy any more and focus my reduced gardening budget on edibles - increasing my potted orchard & expanding my veg beds.

Clearly, I was unscrupulously enticed by Homebase. They had Harkness roses on clearance for 50% off. I was also seduced by the local Argo supply store's willingness to barter down prices. Finally, I just got greedy.

I purchased Harkness's Madrigal (aka "Courageous" aka "Fetzer Syrah Ros�" aka "King Arthur") it was on 50% clearance because it had been sun deprived, smashed between 6 other roses on a table. I think a little TLC will perk this right up...

{{gwi:292481}}

I purchased Harkness's Easy Does It on clearance because I was afraid that Madrigal would get lonely...and I have a thing for apricot coloured roses...

{{gwi:292485}}

The local Agro supply store has been been unable to sell its 5' Tree Roses. I've admired them for a year but refused to pay �45/$61. I walked in and offered �30/$40 and walked out with a lovely rose...

{{gwi:292488}}

{{gwi:292490}}

{{gwi:292492}}

Finally, our 74yr old Bachelor Farmer Uncle wanted two climbing roses. I purchased
Madame Caroline Testout. I, being a good niece in law, potted her up. Then I, being greedy, kept her because she's too beautiful...

{{gwi:292494}}
{{gwi:292496}}

{{gwi:292498}}

Honestly, I'm going to try to abstain from any more purchases...Im going to try...honestly!

M

Comments (5)