Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bayarea_girl

Pink Promise - To Remove or Not to Remove?

I have two Pink Promise roses for three years now and I'm not sure if I should replace them with something else. I bought them as bare root because it was for a good cause (support breast cancer research) and I like the color of the flower in the picture, the long stem for cut flower and "very disease resistant" feature. I know I made the newbie mistake :) I should check with other people in my area to fully understand "very disease resistant" may not apply to my area.

I think I am a patient person with my roses and haven't shovel prune any yet. My Angel Face has bad powdery mildew but I just give her more attention and she is still not as strong as Elle but she blooms beautiful now (Thanks to Kim for a lot of knowledge regarding to mildew and other rose diseases.)

Back to Pink Promise, they were planted in a good area with enough sun and water and they grow huge however the flower color and form are just OK. They are powdery mildew magnets in my garden. They always have powdery mildew even when none of the roses in my garden have it. Should I give up now, remove them and put them in pots with a free sign so they can go to a better home?

I live in Silicon Valley area. If you live in the same area and have Pink Promise, please let me know of your experience. Thank you for any comments.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!