Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunflowersrus222

Heirloom Roses order arrived today!! @-)-

sunflowersrus222
10 years ago

A big thumbs up to Heirloom Roses! I placed my order 6/3 and today 6/8 they arrived. They were packed very well. I was worried about ordering plants online and having them shipped. I wasn't sure what to expect. But they were all wrapped nicely and the pots were all taped together. They had twist ties around the base of each rose so nothing spilled. Everything looked great!

My 3 new roses are now planted in my garden. I know that I won't get any blooms this year and probably none next year but I don't care. I just wanted unique pretty colored roses that would go with the rest of my garden. I searched high and low in my area and all I could find was the same old same old knock out roses everywhere in pink or red. Everyone and their mother has those around here.

I now have a climbing Polka, a Just Joey and a Fragrant Plum. Thanks to everyone here who posted about their orders and how pleased they were. I couldn't be happier. @->>

Comments (7)

• socks
    10 years ago

Why won't you get any blooms this year or next? Really?

Anyway, I totally understand your excitement and pleasure in these carefully chosen bushes. Best wishes for much success with your new plants. I have Just Joey, and it's a wonderful bush.

• t_bred
    10 years ago

I have ordered many times and the plants have always flowered the first season. My little Twilight Zone I just received 2 weeks ago already has it's first bud! At least in my yard (z5- Chicago) my Heirloom bands surpass any bare roots I plant in the first season. Bare roots just aren't even worth it anymore for me. Enjoy!

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was told they wouldn't bloom the first year. They came in 6" pots. They are own-root. not bare root.

• nastarana
    10 years ago

Congratulations on your new roses. You will love Polka. She makes a big, gorgeous free standing shrub, or of course you can train to a trelis. I truly believe Polka is one of the best shrubs or climbers to be introduced in decades. Polka is about as close as you can come to a plant it and forget it climber.

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nastarana so happy to hear that. I wanted something that was a good climber as well as continual bloomer. I planted it up against an iron trellis that backs up to a fence. I had a red climber that didn't do too well and had a virus of some sort. Forget what it was called. I dug that up and put in some fertilizer a couple of weeks ago to prep the soil for my new Polka. I can't wait till its tall and full of blooms. I'll be able to see it all the way from the front of my house through to the back yard. I sit in the font of my house to study and can see straight to the yard. I'm going to enjoy these! Our elderly neighbor loves roses and she can see mine from her kitchen where she sits. I always clip roses and bring them to her. She and I have the same birthday so I go over with roses from my garden and a cake. She has way too much shade in her yard and just never had any luck with roses but I share mine with her any way I can.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Usually our Heirloom repeat blooming roses get blooms about 4 weeks or so after there planted into the ground.
    I never grew a climber or once bloomer so have no idea about those types...

Congrats on getting your roses!

• sunflowersrus222
    Original Author
    10 years ago

wow Jim thats fast! Just 4 weeks? I'll keep my eyes on these for buds! The Polka was the largest of the 3 and has the most stems and leaves. I will be thrilled if these bloom this year.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio