Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolbelt68

Moving roses off fence between neighbor

toolbelt68
9 years ago

Finished moving my roses off the fence between us and the neighbor. Their lawn mowing person was clipping off any stems that protruded on their side of the fence. I could see them doing that if the roses had thorns but they are thorn-less. Oh well, I just moved them. In case anyone has the same problem here is how I did it:

Step 1 Purchased 3 ten foot 4x4s and cut them to 5 feet in length, giving me 6 posts.

Step 2 Prior to installed the 6 posts about 16 inches away from the existing fence I drilled a 1/2 inch through each post about 2 inches down from the top. Posts are in the ground 2 feet with 3 feet above ground. Once they turn gray from the weather they will be hard to see.

Step 3 Ran a #9 solid metal wire through the 1/2 inch post holes and attached one end to the front chain length fence. The other end I just wrapped the wire around the end post. #9 wire is very hard to bend so it's not going to come loose.

Another way of doing this would be to make the 1/2 holes large enough to allow for chain length pipes to be inserted. Then all one would have to do is drill though the post and pipe to add a bolt/nut, at each end post. Of course you could also use chain length posts etc.

Step 4 The total length of the run required two rolls of wire so I just installed a turn buckle where they met. That also allowed for any slack in the wire to be removed.

Step 5 Installed metal caps on each post with a dab of construction glue.

Step 6 Moved the drip hose and roses to the new wire and attached same.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz