Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jazzmom516

Who Has Koko Loko Floribunda Rose?

I have to stop shopping at my local supermarkets-- too many tempting roses there for decent pricing. Got at my local Stop & Shop 'Koko Loko' for $12.99 for a 2 gallon pot with my store card.
The color of this rose intrigued me and I went home first and googled info about it before going back and purchasing it.

How disease resistant has this rose been in terms of performance?? I know its a fairly new 2012 Weeks rose introduction.

When does the latte color change over to lavender?? In extreme heat? or does it remain with this latte color?
TIA.

Comments (11)

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

This is my third year with Koko Loco and I love it! It has above average disease resistance, is winter hardy and blooms a lot! I think it's more lavender in cooler weather for me.

• jazzmom516 (Zone 6b, MA)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I am happy to hear this!! I am meeting with a bunch of Rosarians tomorrow and will ask them too what they think of this rose-- if anyone has it.

• harmonyp
    10 years ago

I've had mine since around Feb I think. I LOVE this rose. Blooms start out a latte color, and change to a light lavendar (still with coffee hues). The bloom form is lovely. For me it's a workhorse and really hardy in its first year. Big winner for me.

• harmonyp
    10 years ago

I've had mine since around Feb I think. I LOVE this rose. Blooms start out a latte color, and change to a light lavendar (still with coffee hues). The bloom form is lovely. For me it's a workhorse and really hardy in its first year. Big winner for me.

Original Author
    10 years ago

It's freaking 90 degrees here already on LI at 11:20 AM and I just finished planting it. The soil was moist below the cedar mulch and I gave it a big drink of water before planting it. I am excited about this new rose for my garden from your responses. Keep those responses coming please! :)

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    10 years ago

My Koko Loko survived my zone 5 winters reasonably well, though it wasn't cane hardy. You shouldn't have any trouble in zone 7 LI. As for color, mine are still second year plants and haven't approached the stunning color range of Seil's picture (wowza!). As with most roses in the lavender/russet range, their colors will be deeper in cooler temperatures and/or with some afternoon shade. Don't be disappointed if it looks a bit washed out in 90 degree and higher temperatures - this rose has a changeable nature.

Cynthia

• t_bred
    10 years ago

Have Koko Loko here in Chicagoland(z5) planted last spring and has been a disappointment to me. Lost half the plant (while mounded) over the winter and the colors are just okay to me. Honestly, my ten year old Distant Drums is similar in color but much more hardy and free flowering. To be fair, my Koko Loko is grafted and I don't have much luck with grafted.

• susan4952
    10 years ago

Mine is in second year and doing fairly well. Only about 12-15 inches tall. Am hopeful for future. Awesome color and form. DD is taller and more vigorous for me, but the myrrh is not my fave.

• DLEverette_NC_Zone7b
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

How is the fragrance for Koko Loko? I want to get it and Distant Drums, but fragrance is a requirement for my garden

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    6 years ago

This is the first year for mine - it grew well and bloomed. Chamblees Rose Nursery has it.

Original Author
    6 years ago

I had it. It grew well but did develop blackspot in summer. I ended up giving it away to a friend & replaced it with one from the Kordes Parfuma series called Earth Angel — very disease resistant & very fragrant. I have a no spray rose garden.