Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
richsd

Beware: Tennesssee nursery internet sales

richsd
10 years ago

this message is to warn other gardeners about nurseries that sell junk on the internet.

Last spring, I purchased "Belinda's Dream" rose bush from USA Seed website nursery. They mailed me a rose bush that has turned out to be a WEED. God knows what it is- no flowers at all, just stems 7 ft. high.

The other plants were packaged in the worst condition I've ever seen. No moist peat or soil, just some plastic bags wrapped around the roots.

I will NEVER buy from a Tennessee mail order nursery again due to this experience. Rich in Phoenix.

Comments (4)

• TNY78
    10 years ago

I really don't think boycotting the entire state of Tennessee based on one bad seller is going to solve anything. Boycott that one nursery and let people know about your experience definitly, but blaming an entire state seems alittle overboard. There are plenty of reputable nurseries in the state. I've been buying roses from S&W Greenhouse for a few years and they have a great reputation! There's also a number of other nursieries I buy from (both online and locally), who specialize in other plants and gardening products.

Tammy

• anntn6b
    10 years ago

Contact the State Department of Agriculture of the State of Tennessee and find out who inspects the county which that greenhouse/nursery is in. Report them and be specific.

Sending roses from Tennessee to Arizona without inspections is foolish, if Arizona even allows it.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

A real nursery or some one you found on eBay who lives in Tennessee?

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Looks like USA Seed is located in McMinnville (Warren or Dekalb Co Maybe?) They have all but 1 negative review on Dave's Garden. Pays to do research before you buy. Just sad that they get away with more times than not.

Tammy