Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sbarnett_gw

southern growing problems

sbarnett
10 years ago

I have five types of roses in the landscape of the place i recently purchased. i will describe as best i can as i don't know the types (maybe you can help with this) and then tell you the specific problems i am having.

The first type appears to be either a climber or a rambler, both are about 16 feet in the spring when they bloom out they grow a single rose all over them, when those roses start to die back they grow a cluster of eight more roses around each of them

the second type grows between three and four foot tall with a single large rose at the tip of the cane, they will do that about three times

the third type grows primarily on the ground. they covers about a thirty inch circle and only has branches sticking up about a foot. i thought someone had maybe dropped something on it causing damage, but i cut it all the way back twice and it is determined that is how it want to grow

the fourth type grow as what looks to be small hedges with a real thick woody base and not a typical rose shape. they are in a variety of colors

the fifth type are about four feet high, spread out about six feet wide with thin branches and many many very tiny roses, very deep red, almost black.

now my problem, with EVERY rose bush except the third one i described, after the initial blooming, every leaf falls off to bear stems and appear dead. after a couple months they will attempt to grow again leaving a very scanty attempt on a lot of stems

any ideas

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions