Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dodgerdudette

Who is your re-bloom champ ??

dodgerdudette
17 years ago

I always appreciate a quick recovery after my first flush deadheading. Which roses rebloom for flush 2 the quickest for you ?

For me--Sun Flare ,my beloved Frederic Mistral, Charlotte Armstrong Molineaux and Reine de Violettes---this year anyway..These are all pumping out buds like mad !Rose de Rescht and Mary Rose get honorable mention.

Kathy in the Napa Valley

Comments (69)

• elvie z9CA
    17 years ago

Fame, always.
    Cherry Parfait.
    Perfect Moment has been continuous this 3rd year, but maybe it'll pause soon?
    OLOG was a great bloomer, I moved her, now shes beginning to hit her stride again.
    Eureka wouldn't stop blooming, so I let her bloom through mid Feb. and then pruned her, so she started blooming only a few weeks ago.

• susan4952
    17 years ago

Cherry PArfait
    Angel FAce
    Bolero...in ground 5 weeks already on second flush

• gdooley
    17 years ago

Honor Elizabeth (has not been without blooms ever since it was planted in Jan.)
    Iceberg
    Brides Dream
    Tournamnet of Roses
    Molineaux
    Kentucky Derby

Glenn

• msmisk
    17 years ago

Gingersnap and Easy Living, both in pots, new this year, have been covered in blooms constantly since I got them in April.

• cajunrosegal
    17 years ago

I hate to have to admit this after saying not sure I like the darn thing but Pascali has been covered and non stop. Took awhile to bloom but once she started its covered in white with buds behind the deadheads.
    Angela

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Everything is now finishing first flush. Julia Child and Our Lady of Guadaloupe have been deadheaded (weeks ago before the rains) and both have nice buds that I hope will open within the next week. Brown Velvet is still pumping out a bloom or two. Blushing Knock Out has buds too, I haven't looked closely.

• newyorkrita
    17 years ago

The best are Double Knockout, never out of Bloom, followed by Home Run, never out of bloom either. My Cherry Sunblaze Mini Roses never stop blooming either and they are always covered in blooms.

Shrub rose Carefree Delight is constantly covered in flowers. This one never slows down. Never needs any fussing either! Love it.

Both Flower Carpet Appleblossom and The Fairy pump out lovely pink flowers from the time they start up in spring until frost.

As to the regular roses, Charles Aznavour wins by a mile. New this year, didn't get them planted early, still blooms and blooms and blooms. Doesn't even seem to slow down. Love it!

Mollineux and WS2000 Austins are both bloom machines for me. My Autumn Sunblaze mini roses are fantastic, just bloomed slightly less than the Cherry Sunblaze already mentioned.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Still Julia Child, OLoG and Baby Faurax hasn't been without at least a few blooms all season, and is in full flush now. JC has plenty of buds, as does OLoG. Marchesa Boccella just finished a flush (and won Dowager Queen for me last weekend, yesssss!).

• msjam2
    17 years ago

Honey Perfume and Easy Going definitely, then Granada and Fragrant Cloud.

• rosarama
    17 years ago

Double Delight, Mr. Lincoln, Chrysler Imperial, Don Juan, Caribia - all non-stop bloomers. What a treat!

• ostrich
    17 years ago

Oh my goodness, my Double Knock Out roses just bloom NON-STOP! Absolutely stunning! Shame there is no fragrance...

• jont1
    17 years ago

Another really good one for me has been the floribunda DayBreaker. It blooms in flushes, but there is very little downtime between flushes. I like it so well that I bought two more and planted them by themselves in a planting in my front yard. I get comments all the time on them not only for the pretty blooms, but for the really wonderful shiny and healthy foliage the bushes have.
    John

• chuck_billie
    17 years ago

Sunset Celebration, Livin' Easy, Heritage, Teasing Georgia, William Baffin, Hawkeye Belle.
    Most of the Austins do well here too.
    Chuck

• Al Mitchell zone 5b (ameri2nal)
    17 years ago

Darlow's Enigma is continuous, as is Prairie Star, Prairie Harvest, and Carefree Beauty, home run, Tropical Fragrance, KO and Blushing KO. Bolero, Marie Pavie, Lemon Spice and WS 2000 are right there, too.
    Al

• brother_cadfael
    17 years ago

'Purple Tiger'
    'Fourth of July'
    'Secret'
    'Christopher Marlowe'
    'Golden Celebration'
    'Mary Rose'
    'Crown Princess Margareta'
    'Lemon Meringue'
    'Westerland'
    'Autumn Sunset'
    'Dublin Bay'
    'The Prince'
    'Glamis Castle'
    'Scepter'd Isle'
    'The ingenious Mr. Fairchild'
    ...are my best re-bloomers.

BC:)

• newyorkrita
    17 years ago

Continuous bloom last year for me-

Darlows Enigma
    Cherry Sunblaze Mini
    Charles Aznavour
    The Fairy
    Flower Carpet Appleblossom
    Wiliam Shakespear 2000
    Double Knockout
    Carfree Delight
    Home Run

Many of these kept blooming into December with the freaky warm weather we had that time of year.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    17 years ago

I think that I would have to nominate Fisher Holmes. It has flowers coming almost all the time. It certainly will not take a back seat to anything else I have in the yard.

• gadave
    17 years ago

Moonstone & Bride's Dream

• newyorkrita
    16 years ago

This spring seems to be different from last year. The ones blooming without a break are only Carefree Delight, The fairy and Flower Carpet.

• sunnishine
    16 years ago

heaven on earth and angelface

My mr lincoln is the smallest of the bareroots I planted in the spring....a grand total of two buds so far and still quite small. And the 2nd one is pink!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

It was 'Julia Child' last year, and it's 'Julia Child' again this year.

• phylrae
    16 years ago

The ones that are always in bloom for me are:
    Bonica
    Greetings
    Charles Rennie MacIntosh
    Teasing Georgia*
    Belle Epoque*
    Lagerfeld*
    Usually Cherry Parfait
    * JBs have dessicated these for now
    Phyl

• mjsee
    16 years ago

Pretty Lady has been blooming like a fool since early June...I'm hoping to plant another this fall.

• mellmel
    16 years ago

Melody Perfume, Heaven on Earth and Double Delight have been performers for me.

• Tammy Owens
    16 years ago

Here at my new house my roses are doing so much better. However 2 stand out and they are Cherry Parfait and Tamora. Both were transplanted from my old house. They both have been in constant bloom since spring.

Tammy

• shellfleur
    16 years ago

My absolute best for fast rebloom is:

***Belinda's Dream (almost continuous bloom, and I have 3)

These are also fast rebloomers:
    Pretty Jessica
    SDLM
    Heritage
    John Clare
    Abe Darby
    Wm Shakespeare 2000
    Tamora
    Golden Unicorn
    Mary Rose
    Eglantyne
    Parade
    Rose de Rescht

Shelley

• ceterum
    16 years ago

Cherry Parfait
    Crepuscule
    Elina
    Folklore
    Touch of Class
    Scent-sation
    Special Occasion

All these are blooming despite neglect and the extreme drought we are experiencing.

• msjam2
    16 years ago

Tournament of Roses
    Tuscan Sun
    Fredric Mistral
    Julia Child
    Chrysler Imperial
    Granada
    Belinda's Dream

• bbinpa
    16 years ago

All my polyanthas. My best rebloomer of these is Mrs. RM Finch. Well, Marie Pavie is pretty good too and I must not forget Natalie Nyples or Echo. Dear, dear, it is hard to decide.

Barbara

• dmny
    16 years ago

Marie Pavie
    Mme. Alfred Carriere
    Heritage
    Queen Liz
    The Fairy
    Coral Flower Carpet
    Pat Austin

• mike_in_new_orleans
    16 years ago

This changes for me from year to year, but this year, Elle and Ingrid Bergman are both rarely without blooms are at least buds about to open. Of my minis, Absolutely and Caliente are the quickest repeat bloomers.

Mike

• niecey
    16 years ago

These are my rebloom champs

Tornament of Roses
    Coral Carpet
    Daybreaker
    Bridal Pink
    WS2000
    Gold Medal
    Bassino
    Jubilee Celebration
    Tamora
    Mutabulis
    Pretty Lady
    Pat Austin
    The Pilgrim
    Niecey

• jess2132000
    16 years ago

Red Blaze climber
    Josephs Coat climber
    Anthoney Meilland
    Red and Pink Knockouts are now flowering back nicely also..

• kapeterson24
    16 years ago

Veteran's Honor pumps them out like mad. Diana Princess of Wales repeats pretty quickly as well.

• jont1
    16 years ago

I just put in a FAME! grandiflora this year and it is impressing the heck out of me with it's continuous bloom power. I would reckon this is as good a garden rose as they get.
    John

• lunula_moon
    16 years ago

Little White Pet
    Rose de Rescht
    Sunsprite
    Marie Pavie
    Belinda's Dream

• canadian_rose
    16 years ago

I'm really happy with my roses this year, so I have a few:

Julia Child
    Cherry Parfait
    Liebeszauber
    Daybreaker
    Golden Celebrations
    Honey Perfume
    Morden Centennial

I've gotten so many really superb roses selection ideas from participating in this forum - thanks everyone!

Carol

• nastarana
    16 years ago

Jenne d'Arc,(the noisette). Nastarana, Princesse de Nassau, Alister Stella Grey, Canadian Mystery Rose (the not-Roberta Bondar from Vintage), Captain Thomas. Radio Times always has some buds and blooms, as does Polka. We had a dry winter, so summer bloom is more sparse than normal for all but the noisettes this year.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    16 years ago

Right now it is neck and neck between Our Lady of Guadaloupe, Soft Morning and Pope John Paul II. PJP II is still not a large plant, but it is blooming on a regular basis, and now it looks like the thrips have gone down to LBI (or someplace, I don't care where) for vacation. Oh, Conundrum too.

• newyorkrita
    16 years ago

Great thread almost ready to fall off on page 67 so bump it goes.

• ceterum
    16 years ago

I shoul add Ambridge rose, OLOG, Paradise, Scent-Sation and Velvet Fragrance.

• karenforroses
    16 years ago

My 'constant' bloomers are Iceberg, Royal Wedding, Rainbow Sorbet, Mordfen Sunrise, and Knockout, and my really rapid re-bloomers are Heritage, Indigo, Prairie Sunset, Sophy's Rose, John Davis, Isabel Renaissance, and John S. Armstrong.

• steelrose
    16 years ago

Another vote for Pretty Lady and also for "Heaven on Earth."

Colleen

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    16 years ago

Continous rebloomers have been Mutabilis, Julia Child and Burgundy Iceberg. Very prolific rebloomers have been Our Lady of Guadalupe and Abraham Darby. I have many new bands that I can't comment on yet so in a year or two the list will hopefully be much longer, especially since many of them are tea roses and noisettes.

Ingrid

• carla17
    16 years ago

Emanuel
    Fourth of July
    Grimaldi
    Jubilee Celebration
    Perle d'Or
    Faith Whittlesey
    Georgetown Tea

Carla

• twoozone
    16 years ago

Cramoisi Superior, Kronprincessin Victoria, Tamora, Chris Marlowe, Oshun, Yves Piaget and The Dark Lady. Voodoo also did well it's first year but last yr w all the rain I almost lost him.

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    16 years ago

These bloom good:

baby grand
    belinda's dream
    Blaze
    Cotillion
    Country Dancer
    Eureka
    Fabulous!
    Fame!
    Fragrant Cloud
    French Lace
    Hot Cocoa
    Judy Fischer
    Knock Out
    Lavaglut
    Lilian Austin
    midnight blue
    molineux
    Prospero
    Pure Poetry
    Purple Heart
    rose de rescht
    Westerland

• ceterum
    16 years ago

Elina!

• jont1
    16 years ago

Our Lady of Guadalupe
    Cherry Parfait
    Day Breaker
    Brides Dream
    Fame
    Pride of England
    Pop Warner
    Lisa Maree
    Europeana
    Desert Peace
    Honey Dijon
    Honey Perfume
    Hot Princess
    Folklore
    Saluda
    Autumn Splendor
    Mander's Orange Dream
    Fredric Mistral
    Hopi Girl
    Hot Cocoa
    Chihuly
    Iceberg
    Mother of Pearl

• Joan Dupuis
    16 years ago

Great thread. Looking for more folks in colder zones.

Joan