Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sautesmom

Strike it RIch--L'IL TROOPER in the heat

I just had to share with those who would appreciate it...
We are having a major heat blast in Northern California, today's high was 102, tomorrow will be 104-106. My Strike It Rich is not even phased--here is a photo taken at 101 degrees this afternoon, not a faded bloom in sight. AND this rose is planted in a large plastic pot (I decided to take it out of the pot and put it in the ground recently, but I am waiting for cooler weather.)
Plus my camera has bad color, these blooms are much more golden-tan-rosy than the photo shows, a color everyone comments on. But at least you can see from here how they are holding up in the blazing sun!

Strike It Rich is highly recommended for hot and dry areas!

Carla in Sac

This post was edited by sautesmom on Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 21:39

Comments (5)

• Tuggy3
    10 years ago

I'm in your area so it is good to hear about a rose that is taking our heat. A rose without the crunchies on a day like today is good news. Mary

• Airen21
    10 years ago

this kind of rose would do so well in our heat as well, i have just one big rose ( i have 4 other minis) and sometimes i have to put her in the shade for the afternoon sun, it gets soo very hot here...
    we have a tropical mosson climate in the Dominican Republic, and some times its just so hot i feel like im wilting myself.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Strike it Rich thrives in our high heat and high humidity here in Alabama, too. Blooms change from golden edged in red to take on more red as they age. Blooms in the attached pic are about a week old and still looking good.

• andreark
    10 years ago

I just posted another message about heat tolerance.

You won't believe this (or you may) but the rose I love most and just bragged about being high heat and potent sunshine tolerant is Brandy, the grandparent of your Strike it Rich. The reason I looked is that your baby looks a lot like Brandy. (at least from a distance) Brandy is a solid color but definitely similar.

andrea

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Cool! Great pics! 100's man I'm sweating just thinking
    about it...