Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barbieberry

Brother's Grimm FairyTale (Floribunda)

gardenbug
9 years ago

I just couldn't resist showing you all my first floribunda rose. I am so proud of it. This is Brother's Grimm Fairy Tale. Lot's of blooms with a beautiful fragrance.

Comments (9)

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another? I took this while standing in a light rain.

• KnoxRose -7a
    9 years ago

So beautiful! How old is this rose?

Jessica

• nastarana
    9 years ago

Very pretty, but when a rose is brightly colored, I always want to know about fading. For example, 'Pat Austin' fades to a , to me, ugly pink color, while, OTOH, 'Flaming Peace' shows lovely colors at almost every stage of bloom.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Oh - I so agree about that ugly pink fade. I got rid of Royal Dane (Troika) because of that.

But anyway - lovely roses!!!! It's hard to believe it would also have a nice scent. Doesn't seem the type. It has a lot going for it. You said it had lots of blooms, great fragrance - and the colors are gorgeous. Awesome!!!
    Thanks for the look!!
    Carol

• cecily
    9 years ago

Nice! How's the BS resistance? I may need this one...

• gardenbug
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. Yes, it does fade somewhat to a pretty pink, but when it does that usually means time to snap them off because the petals are starting to fall. It doesn't matter to me because there are just so many new buds waiting to open.
    My floribunda is in its second year. I have in sun all day long. So far, I haven't had any BS on it. The first year it did get some PM but not this year and we get lots of humidity and rain.

• Poorbutroserich Susan Nashville
    9 years ago

I will second Cadence's great experience with BG. It is the most healthy rose out of my 150+ here in Nashville!
    I have it in a cutting bed with HTs (no spray) and everything is looking cruddy besides BG. Glossy foliage, full of buds, hasn't stopped blooming. It looks immaculate. Unbelievable!
    I like the slight fade on the flowers as they look better in a vase with Pat Austin. Fantastic rose!
    Susan

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Gorgeous color! That must really stand out in your garden with its vibrant color, and it smells good to boot is a extra plus. Thanks for sharing!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Mine gets horrific disease, I'm sorry to say. I just got it last spring (2013), so maybe it will grow out of that. I'm adding a picture of it from last December (center pot). Brother's Grimm, Dark Night and Grandmother's Hat were the worst fungal offenders last year.