Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rathersmallbunny

"Bronze Star" is a trooper!

rathersmallbunny
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share that Bronze Star was an impulse buy on my part, but I'm sooo glad I succumbed! I'm a long-time antique/English rose fan, most of which shut down in the summer heat. Feeling dispirited one day, I wandered over to the garden center and walked off with Bronze Star, a rose I'd never heard of but loved the colour.

I was choosing between Just Joey (which I've read great reviews of) and Bronze Star, but in the California heat Just Joey had faded to a beigey peach while Bronze Star retained a brighter colour. So far, here are my observations:

- Seems very clean and healthy in my no-spray garden
- Blooms continuously. So wonderful after some of my persnickety Austins!
-Buds start off reddish orange, then turn a divine peachy mango as the flower opens (you can see a bud behind in the picture). Absolutely gorgeous colour. This is the rose visitors gravitate to.
-Large blooms when fully open - almost 5 inches across.
-Some fragrance. You can smell it more in an enclosed area rather than outdoors.
-Seems unaffected by high temperatures. No balling or burning, just beautiful flowers day after day.

I've enjoyed reading and learning so much from this forum - perhaps this will help "enable" someone else! ;)

Comments (3)