Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roseseek

Unsigned application from GW continuously trying to run

roseseek
10 years ago

I am continuously receiving a security alert saying 'An unsigned application from the GW site is attempting to run'. The site listed for the app is http://bosserriotings.net/white/ with no other information. My virus software states this is a security risk. It has only started in the past few days and is now popping up several times each time I read a thread. It is not stopped by the pop up stopper nor does it stop when I click on the 'don't show this again' and cancel. Is anyone else having an issue with this application? I've emailed GW help desk and sent them a screen shot of the issue (see below). I'm interested to see if anyone else has or has had this issue. Thanks. Kim

Comments (8)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Nothing like this is appearing on my screen.

However, about a week ago when I'd pull up a rose forum thread, I would get a notice that my security system had neutered a virus threat. And the next thread I would pull up, there would be another notice that my security had to neuter another virus threat. etc.

I notified GW that they might have something wrong with their site, they promptly answered that they were checking everything out, but that it might be a third party response on those pages that my security was having to neuter, and not the GW site itself. Since then, I have had no problems with security threats.

Don't know if there is any connection or not,

Kate

• bluegirl_gw
    10 years ago

Yeah, I've been getting warnings from AVG.

When I tried to copy the warning into this thread GW said my post contained some sort of dangerous string (or profanity).

When I hit preview message or post I get directed to a blank page first, with my antivirus warning.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

Same here about the AVG warnings. Happens every other thread or so.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Probably you should contact GW (see "contact us" at bottom of this page) about the AVG warnings. Since I contacted them, I haven't seen any more AVG warnings, but I don't know if it is something they did to fix it or if the AVG on my computer went crazy or something and quit functioning. As soon as my computer son wakes up, I'll ask him to take a quick look at my AVG to make sure it is working right. (It is so nice to have a "help desk" living in your home--LOL!)

Kate

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Yes last week while on this site I got a warning from my
    Norton that an attack was taking place but Norton took care of it...

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Computer Son awakened and said my AVG protection is fine and up to date (I have the free version). He said some posters may have older versions of AVG and that is why their AVGs are acting a little different than mine. Which means, I have no idea why yours are still registering a threat occurring. Sorry.

Kate

• minflick
    10 years ago

I haven't seen anything, but I have a Mac, and it's really rare to get a virus. Thank heaven for that!

Melinda

• jerijen
    10 years ago

I haven't seen anything here.

Jeri