Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can you help recognize this disease?

Posted by stefyx none (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 6, 14 at 4:45

Hi there. A lot of my roses started developing a disease in the last 1-2 months.
It's got these yellow spots on the frontside of the leaves and black/yellow fungus-like dust spots underneath. I'll attach pics because it's hard to describe. (Uhh, I can only add 1 pic).

I'm trying to Find what it is named so I can get treatment. Hope you can help. Thanks a lot !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can you help recognize this disease?

This is the front. I'd like to underline that some of the fungus/whatever it is on the backside is yellow, if you can't see from the photo. Many thanks :)

o

You have rust on your rose

Here is a link that might be useful: Rose Rust

o

Uhh thanks!!! I was thinking it might be rust but I thought it should be primarily yellow, not blackish...I guess the black is just oxidised yellow.

o

Yes, it's rust.

No, the black isn't oxidized yellow. In fact, the black is even worst. If you had a microscope, you'd see that the black are larger spores (when compared in size to the yellow spores also on the underside of leaves.) The black spores look like two wizard's hats joined at the base. What makes the black spores worse is that those are where the disease overwinters and will be the source of the disease next year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here