Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dntquilter

Maude, you were right

DNTQuilter
10 years ago

Here is my first ever bare root rose sporting a gorgeous bloom. Chrysler Imperial planted on June 9, 2013. Good as Gold has 3 or 4 buds on it too, but they won't pop for a few days.

Just thought I would share my joy.

Scott in PA

Comments (6)

• Maude80
    10 years ago

Now that is the kind of post title that I like to see, it just says it all...lol.. Your flowers look beautiful and I know the thrilling feeling when a rosebush gets it's first blooms. Isn't it amazing how those bareroot roses look the way they do at first, and then turn into beautiful plants. Gorgeous!!
    Maude

• DNTQuilter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Amazing, is right, and if you continue to make predictions like this one, I'm willing to let you be right all of the time :)

I can't wait to see "Good as Gold". It won't be long now.

Now here is a situation that is less than wonderful. My father puts Ketchup on EVERYTHING. It drives us crazy. Well I mentioned to my mother that "maybe dad would buy me a Ketchup and Mustard". Well he did, bare root, through a company that a) does not take credit cards, b) is unclear if coming COD or with an invoice, c) he has sent a check to them, d) he had a typo in my house number, e) Fed EX Home says already shipped but it can't be tracked, F) I emailed their customer service account and have not received a response, g) I have the homeowners of the address that he used on alert.

So somewhere out there in this heat is a bare root rose that I will want to cherish, and we have no idea when it is coming. It's been about 10 days since he purchased it.

It will mean a lot to me and will take some real care to keep it wet, I'm sure. But it is from my dad. My JFK rose was a gift from my mom to they both will remain important to me.

Stay tuned on this never ending saga,

Scott
    (oh, it was a for my 50th Birthday too)
    We have a family luncheon today to celebrate, and I just want to stay home and watch for the delivery. LOL!

• dan_keil_cr Keil
    10 years ago

Very nice looking bloom. And the best thing is that is smells good too!

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

That's a beauty, Scott! The first bloom on any new rose is always exciting! I hope you K&M comes soon! Happy Birthday!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Great bloom Scott! :)

• DNTQuilter
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Seil and Dan.

I so hoped FedEx Home would show up today, although with a feels like temp of 98, who wants to dig a hole?

This whole rose purchase is so messed up, and it surprises me. It appears to be a huge outfit, Growquest.com.

Once the poor thing gets here I imagine it will need IV fluids! LOL!

Scott in PA

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone