Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maude, you were right

Posted by DNTQuilter none (saflinch@comcast.net) on
Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 8:38

Here is my first ever bare root rose sporting a gorgeous bloom. Chrysler Imperial planted on June 9, 2013. Good as Gold has 3 or 4 buds on it too, but they won't pop for a few days.

Just thought I would share my joy.

Scott in PA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maude, you were right

Now that is the kind of post title that I like to see, it just says it all...lol.. Your flowers look beautiful and I know the thrilling feeling when a rosebush gets it's first blooms. Isn't it amazing how those bareroot roses look the way they do at first, and then turn into beautiful plants. Gorgeous!!
Maude

o

Amazing, is right, and if you continue to make predictions like this one, I'm willing to let you be right all of the time :)

I can't wait to see "Good as Gold". It won't be long now.

Now here is a situation that is less than wonderful. My father puts Ketchup on EVERYTHING. It drives us crazy. Well I mentioned to my mother that "maybe dad would buy me a Ketchup and Mustard". Well he did, bare root, through a company that a) does not take credit cards, b) is unclear if coming COD or with an invoice, c) he has sent a check to them, d) he had a typo in my house number, e) Fed EX Home says already shipped but it can't be tracked, F) I emailed their customer service account and have not received a response, g) I have the homeowners of the address that he used on alert.

So somewhere out there in this heat is a bare root rose that I will want to cherish, and we have no idea when it is coming. It's been about 10 days since he purchased it.

It will mean a lot to me and will take some real care to keep it wet, I'm sure. But it is from my dad. My JFK rose was a gift from my mom to they both will remain important to me.

Stay tuned on this never ending saga,

Scott
(oh, it was a for my 50th Birthday too)
We have a family luncheon today to celebrate, and I just want to stay home and watch for the delivery. LOL!

o

Very nice looking bloom. And the best thing is that is smells good too!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 17:06

That's a beauty, Scott! The first bloom on any new rose is always exciting! I hope you K&M comes soon! Happy Birthday!

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 17:13

Great bloom Scott! :)

o

Thank you, Seil and Dan.

I so hoped FedEx Home would show up today, although with a feels like temp of 98, who wants to dig a hole?

This whole rose purchase is so messed up, and it surprises me. It appears to be a huge outfit, Growquest.com.

Once the poor thing gets here I imagine it will need IV fluids! LOL!

Scott in PA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here