Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before and After

Posted by missmary 6b (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 8:40

I have to do this in two posts because I can't manipulate whatever-i-need-to to get both pictures in one post.

So this is my Livin Easy BEFORE (2012):

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before and After

.....and this year 2014 (sorry, the first picture was last year - 2013)

This is what my Livin Easy was reduced to after our cold winter. It's actually grown a bit; it was barely a bud when I decided it was worth nursing back to health

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 10:53

It was a tough winter for a lot of gardens. Sorry to see what happened. Optimism is part of gardening, though. :)

o

oh awful -but she is worth nursing back. Mine also died to the ground and is looking so much healthier however much smaller than your first rose ever was. Did you give her a good "kick in the pants" feeding? Mine came back just in time for the ?+@! Japanese Beetles to attack. (sensored)

o

I think a lot us can feel your pain from last winter. Yesterday I noticed a bush with a cane that was dark brown and sort of pinched at the bottom, like it was going to die. Probably when I spring pruned some die-back made it's way to the crown. It may take another season to fully learn the effect of last winter. Good luck!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 16:59

Be patient. If the root ball is good it will grow back. I had many roses look like that coming out of this winter. Keep it watered and fed and it should rebound.

o

The thing about feeding it is I haven't been confident about whether I should be treating it as a first year plant (no fertilizing) or a 2nd year plant. So - in early June I did put down a conservative amount (not a "kick in the pants" amount) of organic food - either Rose tone or Milorganite, I can't remember which. Then last week I gave all my roses a fish emulsion feeding.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here