Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ForLoveOfRoses order :)

Posted by ken-n.ga.mts 7a/7b (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 28, 13 at 9:39

Yesterday I received my first order from ForLoveOfRoses. I was blown away with the size of the plants. I guess I was accustomed to little bitty twigs in those little starter pots. Richard sends 1 gal size, fully rooted plants tightly wrapped in saran wrap. I had to pot them in 3 gal pots they were so big. I e-mailed Richard last night thanking him for the great rose's and putting in another order for late Sept. (some of the roses I wanted won't be ready until late Sept). The roses I received yesterday were, Renegade, Top Contender, Good Old Mountain Due, Shawn Sease, Conundrum, Unbrideled pluss a complamentary plant (free) of Brand New Girlfriend. If you need any mini/miniflora's this is the place to get them. He also carries a limited stock of Florabundas, HT's and Shrubs. If you have some time, go over to the web site and try not to slobber all over you're computer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ForLoveOfRoses order :)

Oooooh!! I'm positively whimpering.....More roses to add to my want list!

I've never heard of this place. Thanks for sharing!

o

I got a great batch of roses from him this spring! I just love the miniflora selections he has, and the ones I chose are gorgeous. Good size plants, lovely varieties. These were probably the best bands I received from the four sources I ordered from.

o

I'm always excited to find a new rose source, especially right now for minifloras, I've really been wanting to try them. Visited the site, loved it!

o

Thanks for posting about this nursery! It sounds like the new owner bought out an established Wells Mid-South Nursery and has a commitment to producing quality roses. There were several minifloras that looked interesting, and I was particularly intrigued to see their limited edition roses include some HTs and floris I hadn't heard of. Sounds like their bands are good sized too.

My only beef is the music playing on the website (smile). "Every rose has its thorn" is an appropriate song I guess, but it's one that gets stuck in your head and not one I want to hear involuntarily while I rose shop.

Cynthia

o

Got 4 more yesterday. Daddy Frank, Sweet Harriette, Baldo Villegas and I Beleave In You. That leaves Hello Georgeous! and it won't be ready until late Sept.

o

Baldo Villegas is a gorgeous flower, and very long lasting on the bush. You will love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here