Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose Rosette Disease

Posted by Fleur_1 none (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 12, 14 at 9:57

Hello everyone! I'm new to this forum and just started my rose garden recently. Yesterday, I read an article online about RRD on knock out roses. The article alarmed me and thought about my one knock out rose planted by my father-in-law last year. I posted photos. Could these be signs of RRD? Any input would help. Thank you very much. Happy gardening!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose Rosette Disease

More photos.

o

Here's another photo. Thanks!

o

Looks like a super healthy rose to me. New growth on many roses starts out red--I think it is beautiful.

Now if you start getting ugly, distorted growth, that may be a concern. Just show us a pic of it, and we will do our best to diagnose it--OK? Until then, don't panic. : )

By the way, Knock Outs are no more susceptible to Rose Rosette Disease than are any other rose--as I just posted on another thread. Evidently there is a new article online that is sending a number of new Knock Out rose gardeners into a panic just now. Keep an eye out, but your Knock Out may live for years without getting RRD.

Kate

o

Hi Kate,

Thank you so much for giving me a peace of mind. I was very concerned since I planted quite a few roses in my garden and I will be very disappointed with the thought of having to dig them up. I will keep an eye on it and keep the forum posted. I really appreciate your information on this. Thank you very much and happy gardening!

Julie

o

Looks good to me also. Bottom leaves are smooth, symmetrical and turning green. It's also budding on top before sending out side branches. Enjoy your bushes and check them often.

o

Thank you so much for all the wonderful and helpful inputs. Happy gardening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here