Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
All the leaves have fallen off my rose bush from black spot,

Posted by Kat167 missouri (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 10:15

Do I cut it back or just keep trying to "doctor" it, Help....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: All the leaves have fallen off my rose bush from black spot,

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 12:05

I take it that photo is a before shot? Do you have an after shot?

If it's just a bad case of black spot clean up any debris around it and take off any spent blooms but you don't need to cut it back. Keep it watered and the leaves should grow back an a couple of weeks. If it's very hot and in the late day sun you might want to find a way to shade it a little so the canes do not sunburn because of the loss of leaves.

o

I'm not sure what your picture is supposed to be showing that pertains to BS and missing leaves. What I see is a beautiful rose with many leaves, including new leaves, and lots of gorgeous blooms.

So what is the problem?

If you are asking what to do about BS, get some Bayer Garden Disease Control for Roses, Flowers, and Shrubs (get that name--NOT one of the other Bayer products)--at Lowes or online. Buy a small sprayer container for about $20 -- I got mine at Home Depot but other similar stores probably also carry them. Follow Bayer's directions carefully, but make sure you watered the roses deep and well the day before, and pick an early morning time for spraying, before the breeze picks up and swats you in the face with fungicide.

Spray with that once or twice at 10 day interval, and probably you will have killed the BS. And with really hot weather coming, you may not have any more BS attacks until cooler weather in the Fall becomes more conducive the BS.

But based on your pic, I'd say keep on watering your rose and enjoy it!

Kate

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 26, 14 at 17:01

That pic is dated 2012.
Is that rose still in a pot? Just wondering?
Seil and Kate covered everything so nothing to add..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here