Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alameda_gw

What Happened to Helpmefind??

It was working fine last night,then a white screen came on that said there were too many users, please try again later. That was about midnight. This morning, same thing. Wonder if the site is down for repair - hope they are not eliminating it. Anyone know?

Comments (16)

• jerijen
    10 years ago

Well, RATS! Must be a major disruption.

No, I don't think they're eliminating it. I'll see if I can find out.

Jeri

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Jeri! It was awful when the daylily Tinkers base went out of business, but All Things Plants have daylily information. I use helpmefind for roses all the time - major disaster if that goes. I am still in mourning over Vintage Gardens........
    Judith

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    10 years ago

I just tried it, it is up and working for me.

• jerijen
    10 years ago

It is up and working, but photos may not be accessible, and Member comments have disappeared.

Jeri

Original Author
    10 years ago

Same with me, Jeri. When I posted my previous comment, all I could get was the white page saying there were too many users. Now I can bring the site up, but no photos or comments. Maybe they are working on it........

• bart_2010
    10 years ago

I'm sort of relieved to read this thread; I couldn't get the photos on HMF, and was worried that they'd changed policy,or that there was a problem specific to my computer or something...I hope they will be up and running properly again soon.

• AquaEyes 7a NJ
    10 years ago

And....now I can't log in at HMF.....

:-(

~Christopher

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Well, I'm glad to see it's not just me that is having problems with the website! No photos come up at all. And I tried to post a question about what was happening, and couldn't do so. I hope they get things fixed soon!!!

• hedgerowrose
    10 years ago

Same here! I have not been able to login since yesterday and when I tried to have password sent to me (thinking perhaps I was entering incorrectly) I was told my username didn't even exist.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Yep seems like pics & stuff got wiped out or something???
    I just seen this post and checked at 9:40Am EST

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

I have not been able to log in since yesterday either. I sent an e-mail to them yesterday but have not received a reply. I just purchased a premium membership last week. Prior to joining, they had a pop up on the site asking people to purchase memberships as they could not continue without more paying users; something to that effect .

• jockewing
    10 years ago

Looks like it's back up! I can see pictures and comments now.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Helpmefind seems to be back up and running - I am getting photos and members comments. Are others HMF's OK? Maybe this was just a glitch....

• roseseek
    10 years ago

Read the Q&A, The Admin posted the site was heavily hit by spammers but has been sorted out. Should you still find any issues with its functioning, please alert them by using the "report error" tab at the top right of all screens. Please also be as specific as possible what the issue is to make it easier for them to duplicate the problem and fix it. Thanks! Kim

• jerijen
    10 years ago

It's back up, and we've had a reminder of its importance to us. The fall issue of the Gold Coast Heritage roses group newsletter will include a reminder that my Grammaw was right. We get what we pay for, and I'm willing to pay for this.

Jeri

• hedgerowrose
    10 years ago

Yay! So relieved to see it's back. I agree, Jeri, this site is worth every penny.

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner