Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My second msg. Patterns on leaves?

Posted by andreark 9b (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 30, 14 at 11:09

These leaves are from my Peace rose. They are NOT rusted What is this dotted pattern?

andreark

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My second msg. Patterns on leaves?

Sorry, Andrea -- I really cannot see the marks clearly enough to say what they are. Any possibility that you could make a high-resolution scan of the leaves, using a flatbed scanner?

Regardless, these leaves look to me to be old leaves, ready to fall.

How is the plant in general? How is the foliage in general?

(JERI)

o

Thanks for answering Jeri. Don't have a scanner but this is a very clear photo. The dots are dark brown and green. No rust on the underside.

Did you see my post about PJP. Could this happen in 2 days just because of the high heat and sunshine?

Thanks again,

andreark

o

I believe it is just part of the extreme water transpiration due to the excessive heat and intense UV we're experiencing, Andrea. I'm seeing it all over and it isn't rust. In several cases, it impresses me as salt damage. The salt from the city water being concentrated and trapped when the water in the leaf is expelled quickly to cool the leaf. My foliage doesn't have water droplets on it when the sun hits it, so it isn't burn due to water droplets in sun light. I do see if more on the older, lower leaves and it isn't "rusty" on them, either. And, I'm seeing it on both potted and in-ground plants. Kim

o

Thanks again both of you. I HATE THIS D______ED HEAT!!!
(Probably not as much as my babies do.) PJP has been the
most beautiful and best flowering and fragrant rose. Now he's a burned out mess.

andreark

o

Don't worry. He'll recover!

I'm so used to that pattern of salts in my foliage here, I almost don't see it anymore. It's what happens when a garden is irrigated by water like ours here, and there is no rain.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here