Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
roses that bloom up and down the bush

Posted by canadian_rose zone 3a (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 11:57

This is Queen of Sweden. She looks good all up and down the length of the bush.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: roses that bloom up and down the bush

This is Nicole Carol Miller - a grandilfora. I have a much better picture that shows the whole bush - but it wouldn't load - too big. But this picture shows the blooms going down to the bottom. There are a lot of blooms that don't show in this picture. Quite a lovely bush with a wonderful fragrance. The blooms last for a long, long while. It's quite a tall bush with flowers all the way up to the top and bottom.

Please share your roses that bloom all the way up and down the bush.
Carol

o

You may be able to promote that effect by pruning some canes down much further than the others.

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 17:07

They're lovely examples, Carol! I like my Julia Child for this effect.

o

Carol - Do you have blooms? I hope so. Your roses look great and Seil your JC is lovely. I'll show three examples. The first picture is kind of dark, but I thought my Liebeszauber in the back yard looked very unique in May, almost a one cane wonder, but it had blooms all the way up and down. Since then it has put on several more canes and has filled out a lot.

o

Here's a picture of Tiffany.

o

This is Drop Dead Red Floribunda. I love the uniform look of this bush.

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 21:35

photo IMG_1052_zps6505bb28.jpg

photo IMG_1092_zps525a06c7.jpg

photo CIMG4624.jpg
 photo FotoFlexer_Photo_zps925db665.jpg

This post was edited by jim1961 on Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 22:44

o

Kate - yeah, you're right. :)

Seil - your Julia Child rose looks fabulous! Such a lovely, lovely rose bush!! Love that it has sooo many blooms.

Sara-Ann - These are my roses from this year. I've got tons of blooms and I won 6 firsts, 7 seconds, 1 third and 1 honorable mention at my city's rose show. First year I've entered. I'm very happy! Your roses look fabulous and have that wonderful all the way down/up flowers. I really, really like Drop Dead Red!!!

Jim - Your first one (what's the name?) has so many blooms. Looks like a real workhorse. I really love the airy look of Precious Platinum. How lovely! They're all good examples of this up/down bloom style.

All of your roses look great everyone!!
Carol

o

Carol that first pic with all the blooms is the dreaded Double Knockout rose. lol
That certain rose bush has not been fertilized this year except for some homemade compost I spread over top its root system back in mid May...

o

Wow! What a trooper of a rose!! That's like John Davis - I don't do anything - only water twice a month, and it looks like great. It looks even better since I took this picture.

Darn. the picture wouldn't load. Drat.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here