Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

Cinnamon Dolce

seil zone 6b MI
9 years ago

This is a newer HT from Meilland introed in 2012. It has very different coloring. Sort of a salmon pink with deep red speckles that makes it look "rusty". It seems to be growing quite tall and lanky for me. It has a nice fragrance.

{{gwi:305323}}

{{gwi:305324}}

{{gwi:305325}}

Comments (11)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    9 years ago

Cool coloring!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Seil - I like the unique coloring, very nice.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Oh that is gorgeous!!! I love every rose in those pictures. As a bonus there's a nice fragrance. Well done!
    Carol

• tigerloveroses
    9 years ago

Very nice

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

Sigh - it looks great and makes me regret the plant I had that didn't get established last summer (late summer sales I really should avoid). Now it looks like I'll have to order that one again since it's a delicious mix of colors. Great photo.

Cynthia

• roseseek
    9 years ago

That's called "stippling". It originated with the Griffith Buck roses. He produced some thirteen which demonstrated that kind of stippling. The first was Applejack. You can pretty much bet if the rose is stippled, it very probably traces back to one of the Buck roses from that line. Kim

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, sorry, Cynthia, lol, didn't mean to enable...

Thanks for that info, Kim. You would indeed be right. HMF lists Buck's Prairie Princess in the parentage!

• nippstress - zone 5 Nebraska
    9 years ago

Now come on Seil, of COURSE you meant to enable (smile). It's what we do around here!! Besides, it's not like I take a lot of convincing to buy roses, or any other plants for that matter. Um, you see I'd decided on putting in some daylilies to fill in around roses in a couple of beds, and Gilbert Wild had 50-75% off some rather spectacular ones, and well...suffice to say a lot of beds are going to get padded out this year. That's OK - it'll be a short term boost to make up for the slow regrowth of most of the yard from the brutal winter.

Anybody other than Edmonds sell this one? For some reason, their bare roots haven't done as well as expected for me (not necessarily their fault - I'm not good with bare roots anyway).

Cynthia

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

That's such a pretty color! Love all the pics and I like seeing how it looks on the bush.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lol, Cynthia, you sound so like me! I can never resist just one more! I bought mine at a local nursery so I don't know who else might have it.

Thanks, boncrow!

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living