Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bcca_gw

Graham Thomas

bcca
10 years ago

Hello:

I have two roses, Chrysler Imperial and Graham Thomas planted in undesirable locations (see picture). The Pieris Japonica on the right hand side was cut down from a height comparable to the one on the left. The one on the left will probably be replaced with something smaller next year. Now that Graham Thomas will receive improved sunlight (southern exposure) and air circulation, I have some related concerns.

As you can see, the base of the rose is almost under the Japanese maple. Should I move the rose more to the right OR arch the canes into the negative space (outlined in red). The rose has been in place for 2-3 years. The reason I am considering keeping it in place is that Graham Thomas can be grown as a climber.

I have also considered moving Chrysler Imperial into the empty spot; in it's current spot, it just has some leaves and basically has not grown at all since it was planted (2-3 years). It does not get sufficient sunlight.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I know that the roses are planted in very poor environments, but it was not done by me.

Comment (1)