Return to the Roses Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deer perform public service

Posted by deervssteve 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 14:45

I've lived at my house for almost 30 years. I've had poison oak and deer for that time. It's in an area that I can see but don't go into. I occasionally have it sprayed or spray it myself.

It is gone. The deer ate it all. It took them 29 years to get around to it. They finished off my agapanthus and then moved on to the poison oak.

There things that deer won't eat, things that they eat and things they just haven't got around to eating.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deer perform public service

I love your deer stories lol. I wish our deer would eat the poison ivy! Right now we have 2 deer that are munching on the pears that have fallen on the ground and so far that has kept them away from my roses. My roses are close to the house so I hope that prevents them from getting too close but you never know. I'm glad the deer took care of the poison oak for your, mighty kind of them :)

This post was edited by boncrow66 on Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 18:40

o

Nice to see the deer are finally paying their way. :)
Carol

o

Hey, Steve, I love your deer stories too!! Have to laugh...I hate, hate, hate poison oak. I'm sooo allergic to it that it's frightening. Happy that your deer got rid of it at your place!!! Have a good one! :-)

This post was edited by dove_song on Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 16:21

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Roses Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here